SAFETY NET OF SERVICES FOR OUR COMMUNITY
For over 37 years, Waikiki Community Center has provided a safety net of services for thousands of senior adults, young children, and families who visit, work or live in Waikiki.
WCC depends on the generosity of supporters like you to help us create, maintain, and enhance the quality of life for many in our community. Please help us continue to provide needed programs to the more than 20,000 people who receive services on our facility each year.
Your charitable gift to Waikiki Community Center will make an important difference in helping to sustain the Center’s many programs and services. Donation opportunities range from gifts of one-time cash and securities to recurring monthly gifts, which have favorable financial and tax benefits. Please remember that you may also include the Waikiki Community Center in your will or trust to leave a lasting legacy.
Gifts to the Waikiki Community Center are vital to fulfilling our mission and goals. We rely on the generosity of the community to help support our mission, through both monetary and in-kind donations. We appreciate the generous in-kind donations we receive because they significantly reduce expenses for the Center.
Please keep WCC in mind should you encounter any of these special requests. These are the “wishes” of our staff and members.
– Class instructors (drawing, mahjong, sewing)
– Canned goods for our Emergency Food Pantry
WCC Volunteer Program
WCC offers individuals a great way to give back to the community, learn new skills, and help others at the same time. WCC encourages active community participation, social awareness and volunteerism. Volunteer opportunities include:
WCC Service Project. Making lap blankets for convalesence patients. Experience with sewing is helpful but not required. Tuesdays, 930am – 11am, Lanai.
Instructors Needed. Teach your favorite hobby or craft to others. Teachers and/or instructors are being recruited for the next session of classes at WCC. Currently seeking an instructor/leader for Mahjong.
Special Events. Join the planning committee for the Duke Kahanamoku Challenge and/or Na Mea o Makamae events. Volunteers and committee members needed to help with event setup, clean up, registration, recruiting team members, picking up supplies, entering data and numerous other projects. Never a dull moment, yet lots of fun working with the staff! See Jeff and/or Jill for details.
More Ways to Help
– Through a Matching Gift. Ask your employer if your company participates in a matching gift program – a great way to double the donation to WCC.
– Through a Honor/Memorial Gift. These gifts can be made in honor of a special individual or in memory of a loved one. Perfect way to pay tribute to a special person in your life, obtain a tax advantage and help WCC at the same time.
– Through Wills, Trusts or Bequests. Designate the Waikiki Community Center as a beneficiary of your estate or in your Will. It’s a simple way to continue giving and create a lasting and meaningful legacy.
– Through Aloha United Way or Combined Federal Campaign. Designate Waikiki Community Center as a recipient of your Aloha United Way or Combined Federal Campaign annual contribution. Our WCC agency designation number is #96540.
We We always make sure that 100% of our funding stays right here, in Hawaii, helping families, children and senior adults.
For For more information, please call Caroline Hayashi, President at (808) 923-1802 ext. 101 or e-mail at email@example.com, we’d love to meet with you and provide you with a personal tour of Waikiki Community Center. This is a great way to see your gift at work.
Have an idea to help, but don’t see it listed? Contact us anyway!